Built for executives, management and business owners, this two day course will provide a detailed insight into blockchain and the significant opportunities and risks that it brings to your company. The course will include live demos and case studies.
- What is blockchain? A distributed ledger technology which facilitates tamper-proof business transactions
- Blockchain history: how did we get here?
- Business management and blockchain: how to deal with the sudden change technology has brought to the traditional business world, what to expect in the next 10 years?
- How is blockchain changing: Procurement, Transportation and Logistics, Warehousing, Invoice Settlement
- Impacts of smart contracts on Legal, Regulatory and M&A activity
- Internet of Agreements (IoA): legal considerations for smart contracts
- Sharing transaction data across a blockchain network: an opportunity or a risk?
- Disruptive technology trends beyond blockchain: Cloud Computing, IoT, Artificial Intelligence - how are they changing your profession and how is human performance affected by these changes?
- Decision making and hands-on project work in blockchain (non-technical)
Topics of Instruction
- A business understanding of industrial blockchain, a distributed ledger technology which facilitates tamper-proof business transactions
- The ability to apply distributed ledger principles, the backbone of blockchain, to current business models
- An evaluation of the impact of blockchain to current businesses in industries such as oil and gas, manufacturing, health, science and retail
- An understanding of the differences between industrial blockchain transactions and cryptocurrency transactions
- Advancing a blockchain project from idea to production (no coding, purely as a business team)